There is evidence that the basic ladder was first conceived over 10,000 years ago. Since that time, ladders have evolved to become a versatile product available in a number of materials and forms to suit many functions. This course explains the methods and advantages of using aluminum for ladders, the many ways ladders can be configured to create the safest and most comfortable usage, the various optional accessories available, and the codes and standards that govern and inform their design.
- Select or design a fixed commercial aluminum ladder to address every access requirement
- Specify the design of rungs, rails, safety enclosures, platforms, fall protection systems, and other options to create the safest and most usable ladder that will comply with current codes and standards (OSHA, ANSI, etc.)
- Recall the advantages of aluminum when choosing ladder materials
- Design custom ladders such as stairs, platforms, crossovers, etc. using lessons from various project examples
- This program is hosted by AEC Daily, one of the largest providers of continuing education (CE) to the Construction, Architectural, Interior Design and Engineering communities. Registration is free and courses are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, with automated credit reporting to numerous organizations across the United States and Canada.